Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Cake!

It was my birthday last month, and usually I'm in Lebanon during that time.  Birthdays here are a big deal, so ofcourse this calls for the biggest cake possible.  If you don't have the right cake, then your judged to no end!  Best cake from the best cake maker and no less.  My cousins surprised me with the yummiest moistest chocolate cake I've had in a LONG time from La Cigale.  Personally, I think he's the best shop in Beirut.  I forgot how amazing Lebanese cake shops could be (chocolate shops and patisseries too!)  It was a nice reminder as I took my first bite from that cake.  It was a three layer cake, the first layer was a chocolate ganache, the second a delicious hazelnut cream and the final layer a moist chocolate cake.  There were beautifully crafted chocolate flowers placed on top and a small sugar square with "Happy Birthday LouLou" written on it.  This is such a traditional style here in Lebanon, the sugar square.  Theres ALWAYS one on a birthday cake!  

Unfortunately as they were bring it back home, Max, the dog, stepped over the cake box and a small part of it was ruined, as you can see.  This is Max.  He's crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment