Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chocolate Ganache

If there is something I use often it is chocolate ganache.  I love topping my cupcakes with it!  It just adds that extra je ne said quoi.  Its really quite simple and you can always make extra and store it for later use, although fresh ganache is always best!  You can make this recipe a ganache or more a glaze, usually I do a glaze as it just makes a nice thin layer on the cupcake.

Ingredients:

About 100 grams of your preferred chocolate, the original recipe calls for approx. 170, but I found it made way too much for the amount of cupcakes I had.

Heavy cream

1 tbsp of corn syrup


Directions:

1.  Prep a heatproof bowl over some boiling water and place the chocolate into it.
2. As the chocolate melts, add the corn syrup while stirring with a spatula or whisk.  Add cream as you go to get the desired thickness.  If you want a ganache, use less cream to keep it thick, more cream for a glaze.
3. Be sure to watch the heat as you don't want to over heat the chocolate or it will form bubbles.

You can always prep this a few days in advance and reheat it in a similar manner when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment